Objectives for this course
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- recount the life story of some saints close to nature,
- recognize ecological elements of Celtic, Benedictine, Franciscan and Native spiritualities,
- point out some ecological significance of Eucharistic prayers,
- describe how some Christian rituals relate to nature,
- compose prayers about the environment,
- create parables inspired by nature.
Duration : 12 hours (approx.)
NORMAN LÉVESQUE is a lecturer on the Creation Care since 2005. He holds a Master's degree in practical theology, and his thesis was on Creation Care as a new ministry in the Church. He is the founder of the Green Churches Network in Canada. He wrote the practical guide Greening Your Church (Novalis 2014).
- Question: Religious rituals
- Eucharist: Setting the table (24:20)
- Eucharist: Bread and Wine (29:57)
- Eucharistic prayers (27:56)
- Eucharist: Communion (16:08)
- Rituals with water (24:02)
- Rituals with fire (12:06)
- Rituals with soil (21:23)
- Rituals with air (14:40)
- Lectio Divina in Creation
- Pilgrimages (6:03)
- Cosmic Walk (9:56)
- Season of Creation
- Question: More religious rituals
"It's impressive how in-depth the material really is. I was writing a lot and downloaded everything. Great job Norman! and I'm really glad to have you as a teacher. We can't have a better teacher than you. You are the only one and you will always be the best in my eyes. I am already looking forward to the next class."
"This course has really inspired me to take more care of creation. You master the material so well and you are a teacher who teaches it with passion! A big thank you!"
Register for free thanks to the financial support of a religious community.
Special thanks to the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM).
Thanks to our partners:
Green Churches Network,
Diocèse Saint-Jean-Longueuil et
Archdiocese of Regina.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
I am Catholic/Protestant/Orthodox, can I still take courses here?
Yes. Christians of all denominations will find these courses interesting. To be honest, most references in this course are Catholic, but the goal remains to find an ecological perspective from common Christian symbols.
The price for this course is too expensive for me, but I'm really interested. What should I do?
Even if a lot of effort went into creating this course, we believe nobody should be left out. Contact us to find a solution: [email protected]
Est-ce que ce cours est disponible en français?
Oui. Cliquez ici.
Share on social media
Do you know other people who want to cultivate a spirituality of Creation?
Share this picture on social media, like on FACEBOOK.